Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Time

As usual Rudi, a branch manager at a leading private company in Jakarta, arrived at his home at 9 o'clock tonight. Not as usual, Imron, the first of his son in the second grade elementary school that opened the door. He seems to have waited long enough. 
"Why not sleep?" Rudi said, kissing his son. Usually, Imron was already asleep when he came home and just woke up when he would leave office the morning. 

As he followed his father into the family room, Imron replied, "I'm waiting for dad to go home. Because I want to ask how much your salary? " 

"But, unusually, asked why my salaries? Want to ask for money anymore, huh? " 
"Ah, no. Just want to know". 
"Okay. You may count itself. Every day you work about 10 hours and paid Rp.400.000, -. And every month an average of 25 working days counted, so within one month of salary dad how, behold? " 

Imron run to take paper and pencil from a desk, while his father took off his shoes and turned on the television. When Rudi moved to the bedroom to change clothes, Imron ran after him. 
"If one day the father paid Rp 400,000, - for 10 hours, it means an hour's father paid Rp 40.000, - " he said. 
"Wow, you are clever. Already, now wash your feet, sleep, "Rudi command. 

But Imron did not budge. As he watched his father get dressed, Imron again asked, 
"Daddy, I'm allowed to borrow money to Rp 5000, - is not it?" 
"There, do not need anymore stuff. Why ask for money at night?  I Tired . And want to shower first. Sleep. " "But, Daddy ..." Rudi's patience exhausted. 
"I told you to sleep!" He barked surprising Imron. 

The little boy turned to his room. After the bath, Rudi seems to regret . Imron also turned in his bedroom. He beloved child was not sleeping. Imron was found sobbing quietly while holding the money Rp 15.000, - in his hand. As I lay down and caressed the head of the little boy, Rudy said, "Please forgive me, son.  I love you, Imron. Definition of what is asked for money at night? If you want to buy toys, tomorrow, 'it could. Not only Rp 5000, - any more than that a father's love. "
"Dad, I'm not asking for money. I borrowed. I'll return it when it's saving more than spending money for the week. " 
"Yes, yes, but for what?" Rudi asked softly. 
"I waited for Dad of 8 hours. I want to invite you to play Snakes and ladders. Thirty minutes only. Mother often said that if the time my father was very valuable. So, I want to buy time dad. I open my savings, there is Rp 15,000, -. But because my father told me an hour's father paid Rp 40.000, -, then a half hours should be Rp 20,000, -. Money savings of approximately Rp 5000, -. Therefore I want to borrow from You, "Imron said innocently.
Rudi was silent. He lost for words. The little boy hugged tightly.

1 comment: